Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shoot me now . . .


Finally started working out with the Wii, My Fitness Coach and it did me in! I only worked for 45 minutes and I was pooped out but . . . after that I ended up going in the garden with a hoe to weed and felt terrific! Go figure, I have to sweat my butt off to get the "get up and go" to work in the garden! At some level I guess it makes sense. Saw something I think was odd this week when I took Kiddo to a birthday party at The Dinosaur Place. First of all it has to have been the most expensive party I've been to! With 19 kids and 9 adults $25 a head seems outrageous. But, of course Kiddo had a blast and we stayed beyond the 11am to 1pm party time since our admission was paid for the day. Kiddo spent most of the time in the Splash Pad and that was where I saw a most beautiful lady with a very tiny bikini and also a pretty Muslim Mama with her long sleeved black robe with silver embroidered cuffs and a red, white and gold hand woven head scarf. They were both there with little ones and had a blast but it seemed so incongruous. Bikini Mama got wet and burqua clad Mama took photos of Dad and kids having fun. I was hot just sitting at a shady table! Played some horseshoes yesterday and have not improved! I suppose some practice would help. But I'm happier watching Puppy's Pop practice while I swing away my cares and woes. Will most likely go to Uncle R's home in Lisbon tomorrow to celebrate the 4th and then go to local nephew's in the evening to hang out with family and get to visit with his Arizona brother and wife. As Kiddo says, "Good Times! Good Times!"

Quote: National progress is the sum of individual industry, energy, and uprightness, as national decay is of individual idleness, selfishness, and vice. ___S. Smiles

No comments: