Friday, June 27, 2014

And he is still a marvel . . .

I received a message from a good friend who has had awful luck trying to get her riding lawn mower working. A few people had tried to take it apart and put in new parts and still nothing would work. In desperation she asked if P&D's Pop could look at it. So . . . this morning we went to her home while she was at work and there was an incredible sight: riding mower in pieces; it literally looked like a basket case; actually was a basket case. In about two hours P&D's Pop got it working. I helped by trying the starter and stepping on the clutch as often as necessary but he's just so persistent in figuring out what's wrong with things and then fixing the mess. I'm sure our friend is grateful. She has a big yard and too many people who know little to nothing about engines. Now she's back in business. That's a big YAY!

We stopped for lunch at the Roadside and as we were leaving one on the owners gave us a super loaf of bread right out of the oven to take home with us. It smells so good in the kitchen. Now would be the time for someone to want to look around and see if they'd like to buy! I spent a good part of yesterday dusting etc. I figure someone will want to see it when we're completely not ready. Not too much action on the property; that's for sure.

Have to pick Kiddo up late today as he has gone to a baseball game with Groton Rec. He'll be pretty revved up by 4 of the clock!

Yikes, I'm slipping big time. I forgot to post this earlier today! Grampa and Kiddo are already asleep. Both were exhausted. Grampa had a very busy day fixing the mower; mowing the flying field and bringing Kiddo to the field tonight to fly the new electric RC plane. They did well together. I like that! I thought Kiddo was going to fall asleep in the car - being out all day;  going to a college baseball game; watering the garden for me and being nervous while flying the new plane will do that to a guy.

No comments: