Thursday, June 19, 2014

Middle child's birthday . . .

Back to York, England.  Taken in 2010
Haven't written in a few weeks.  We've made a big decision - our property is for sale. We hope to move to Louisiana sooner rather than later but as I was driving to East Granby yesterday it dawned on me just how many homes are up for sale. Ye gads! It's outrageous. Half of the population is getting out. So I doubt we'll be leaving any time soon. P&D's Pop has done a tremendous amount of work cleaning out all the 'stuff'' we don't need. He's made at least four trips to the dump and we still have 'stuff.' I've been trying to organize the upstairs. Yikes, we still have things that were here when we bought this old house in 1969. Younger brother stopped in a couple of days ago and picked up two smallish boxes of photos and letters that belong to the Carons. Pretty interesting odds and ends. The truth of the matter is that now that the selling process has begun I would like it to happen quickly but I have a sinking feeling that it will drag out forever. Que sera, sera. I'm really excited about  moving to a new place and P&D's Pop is so ready it is palpable but we can't afford to give the property away so we'll just have to let the realtor do his job. I'm trying hard to take everything in stride but that's not my usual MO.  I'm always full speed ahead.

It's a rainy, muggy day and Grampa is at the flying field working to repair the club mower. It's pretty tight quarters but the club has a small shed to hold the mowers with a few extra feet to spare so at least he'll be dry as he works. I'm so far behind on the reading that I may just sit and veg the day away. And, bien sur, we shall call Middle Child and wish her a Happy Birthday. Kids grow up much too fast.

Quote:  Some men can never state an ordinary fact in ordinary terms.  -All their geese are swans, till you see the birds.  ___J. B. Owen

No comments: