Wednesday, May 28, 2014

No one is driving Miss Irène . . .

Star Flower
Wild Madder (?)
Bluets
Bird-foot Violets
While P&D's Pop was at school yesterday helping out with the flying and the mini car I drove myself to Sacred Heart Cemetery in Wauregan to get photos of an unusual flower. I also borrowed two of the plants and put them with my other odds and ends plantings near the garage. After watering Angie's flowers I wandered on to Green Hollow Road to All Hallows Cemetery in order to water the flowers on the Caron plots. Decided to meander up Green Hollow into Danielson where I joined Wescott Road and headed  onto Route 6 into Rhode Island where I took beautiful Route 102 pass Chopmist Hill all the way to Plain Meeting House Road. I wanted to photograph the beautiful odd looking violet flowers Grampa and I had seen on Memorial Day. The only way I can get to the Plain Meeting House Cemetery is over the main roads. Grampa has driven me there quite often on the old dirt roads but I would most certainly get lost on my own. I love the old cemetery. It's a very calm and peaceful plot of earth and most welcoming. I managed to get some pretty decent photos. Once again I borrowed a couple of plants to bring home for the garage spot. With the dark, rainy cold weather today the new plants are looking pretty chipper!

After I returned home and planted the newbies I left for Groton to pick up Kiddo after his classes. I stayed in Groton late so middle child and I could attend his Spring Concert. Wow! After the disaster at the Christmas Concert we were blown away by the Cadet Band, the Chorus and the Junior Band. Kiddo played a duet with his friend Hannah on the flute and he also played Frère Jacques as a solo. Really well done. He's the only sax player in the cadet band so it's not hard to pick him out when they're playing together. Really nice. Not sure how that poor mild mannered young music teacher is able to get so much from the kids who only meet once a week for a group lesson with flutes, trumpet and saxophone. But he did a good job.

Took a trip to East Granby to visit with younger sister. Went out for lunch and an ice cream snack before we repotted a couple of plants she had received at Christmas. It was a good day - even saw her lovely lady hummingbird close up!

Quote:  Ignorance gives a sort of eternity to prejudice, and perpetuity to error.  ___Robert Hall


No comments: