Thursday, May 22, 2014

That was difficult . . .

Ma and MaTante like Lily of the Valley - moi aussi!
Not sure why but bringing the flowers to the Cemeteries was very difficult this year - it's never easy, but it is a habit I've had since we moved to Moosup in 1969 and MaTante would buy geraniums for everyone on the list! Now I get three large pots for All Hallows and one medium for Wauregan. I always try to leave them for a week and go often to keep them watered before I bring them home and put them near the well head for the Summer. Perhaps it's the gray day, coolish temps but the memories are so strong today. I guess it could also be that I realize how much my parents, sister, grandparents, friends, Gram, dearest amie, aunts, uncles, cousins mean to me even after all of the years they've been gone. The thoughts that enter my head as I drive over the roads they also knew make me smile at times. Life just goes on no matter who dies and we are left to hug them tightly in our hearts, souls and minds until we also cross into the unknown and hope our living loves will also hold us dear for the rest of their lives on God's earth.

Quote:  No man can pass into eternity, for he is already in it.   ___Farrar

No comments: