Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting lax and lazy . . .

Vinca on the top of the hill
Can't seem to get myself motivated for writing lately.  Since I've been on a lower dose of Synthroid I swear I'm more laid back than usual.  That's probably  a good thing;  I've been hyper for a while! Grampa had a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers waiting for me when I got home from the Mohegan Sun yesterday, my early Mother's Day flowers and this evening we went to The 99 in Dayville for dinner. It was my choice.  Not sure why I like it there because it isn't anything really special. Perhaps it is because I've never had a drink, meal or dessert that wasn't very tasty; not extraordinary, mind you, but very good and delicious.  What more can you ask?  And it's a chain.  We ate at one years ago in New Hampshire and I was not impressed - so much so that I was never tempted to go to another one.  But a few years back when the one in Dayville had first opened I met a friend  who was visiting from Costa Rica there and I found everything to my liking and I still do! So it holds some charm for me and . . . P&D's Pop has not found any real reason to complain about it!  This time, just to keep him happy, I made sure he ordered two dinners for himself, yes, two.  He likes salmon and no matter where you go you never get enough salmon in one serving - since it was my Mother's Day Dinner I had the waitress order him two!  It worked out perfectly.  We even had desserts, beers and a monster Margarita, a $3.99 special for Cinco de Mayo.  I almost dropped when I saw P&D's Pop's face when we were greeted with "Happy Cinco de Mayo!" He's still so much fun to be with when he's trying so hard to be grouchy.  The waitress asked if we wanted popcorn; he said "No!" I said "Yes, please! He just won't be allowed to touch mine!" Popcorn is excellent with a Margarita while waiting for the meal. I made sure I kept the bowl on my side of the table! We still have so much fun driving waitresses crazy.

Quote:  If there be aught surpassing human deed or word or thought, it is a mother's love!   _Marchioness de Spadara

No comments: