Monday, May 19, 2014

So impressed and thankful . . .

This little stinker is on the Oriole feeder - that must be why the real Oriole didn't land here!
The only Oriole we have seen this year is left of center in this shot.
It's almost mind boggling that in this era of failing institutions one lady at the Backus Plainfield Emergency/Lab found a way to help me out without all sorts of complications. I was scheduled for routine fasting blood work today but since I have been bitten by two ticks in the last week and a half, one of them a bad bite less than 48 hours ago on a Saturday, I wanted the Lab to add in the test for Lyme Disease knowing full well that I'd probably not succeed. The gentleman who did the preliminary paperwork told me that after I had finished with the lab technician I should go to the emergency room and a doctor would be able to see me and order the Lyme Disease blood work right there on the spot.  I thanked him for the information; he told me that's what other people do but I explained that was not a proper use of the Emergency Room in my case. When Debbie called me into the Lab at 6:45am I explained my predicament; so she calmly took an extra vial of blood and told me to call my APRN and make sure her office called in the extra blood work by 9:30  so she could label the extra vial correctly before it was picked up and brought to Norwich for testing. It took some phone calls to an answering service and a message but I finally got through to the APRN's office and then called Debbie, as she asked me to do so she could follow up. As unbelievable as it seems she managed to get the extra vial labeled and sent to Norwich. I was out doing some tree trimming, yes, I know, tree trimming on a windy day with all the pollen and ticks flying around, when she called and left a message telling me that she had been able to get it all straightened out. I was incredulous because it has not been my experience, at least lately, that most people actually follow through with what they say they will do. I really didn't want to bother her at her job but I did call and leave her a message to thank her for going above and beyond her duties. Amen

Now that was an excellent end to my conundrum.

Quote:  What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult to each other?  ____George Eliot

No comments: