Sunday, May 18, 2014

Almost petrified . . .

Kiddo's Mini-bike
In one of the trees up on the hill.  Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Almost two weeks ago I was bitten by a damn tick while I was watching kids playing in the Sacred Heart play ground. It took some doing but P&D's Pop was able to get it unhooked from my arm and I had no adverse reaction as far as I can tell. But yesterday, after shacking baseballs behind the garage as Grampa and Kiddo were having batting practice and also clipping raspberry canes I ended up with another tick on my left side above my waist.Grampa removed this sucker but I was impressed by how painful this bite was. It was just a tiny thing but wow, it hurt so much that besides cleaning the site with alcohol and Bactine I ended up sleeping flat on my back with an ice pack to stop the burning sensation. I also took Tylenol. Can you believe that it still pains me some today, as if someone were pinching a big chunk of flesh and twisting it. I will, of course call my APRN tomorrow because I've never encountered this type of bite before - worse than a bee or wasp sting. She's going to be so sick of me. Hope she doesn't throw me out of her practice! So today we were in Wrentham, MA for a Fun Fly and I usually love to walk along the shaded paths - not today! I walked around the perimeter of the Cricket and Flying Fields - far away from trees of any sort. I haven't even been tempted to sit out on my swing. Hoping I don't have to go through a bout of antibiotics but it's not looking promising. Hell's Bells - can't a woman just enjoy the out of doors? Not used to being attacked by ticks.

We stopped for a late lunch at The 99 in Killingly. I swear they had the best Summer Salad - Strawberry and Blueberry with tender grilled chicken. I ate every last bite. P&D's Pop had a big fat cheese burger. Poor man must have spent all the money he earned selling two of his planes at the Fun Fly. (Not quite, I tend to exaggerate.)


Quote:  It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.   ___Shakespeare

No comments: