Monday, March 9, 2015

Interesting . . .

Add caption
We received a bill for SiriusXM for the coming year with a base price of $179 and a total price of $204. I called them in January. At that time I explained that anything over $100 was really way too much so the lady whittled it down to $119 but said I had to call them today to get this great deal as our subscription ends tomorrow. So . . . I spoke with a young man who was very polite but difficult to understand and at the end of a half hour or more we ended up with me talking him into $100 for the year. I have no clue how I did that; they must be desperate. I was upset at first when he told me that the $119 charge was the basic rate and by the time he added it all up he was at $146, then $134 but I kept saying that's too much. After many breaks in the conversation and being on hold quite a few times I finally ended up with my $100 for the year.  Pretty good, I think. We really only listen to about three stations but I like them with no advertisements so I'm happy and P&D's Pop doesn't mind as he gets to listen to his Bluegrass.

Went out for a light lunch on this most beautiful day. Waiting for Winter to call it quits. I actually opened the door near the TV and let the sun shine in. It was glorious.

Quote:  Let us enjoy the fugitive hour.  Man has no harbor, time has no shore, it rushes on and carries us with it.  __Lamartine

No comments: