Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Okay . . . this is kinda fun . . .

South Park Pole Sitter Extraordinaire
Another first for us . . . a fake Christmas tree. Yup, I really need to put up a tree this year. Not sure why; I thought I could forego a tree but I can't so I ordered one from Amazon and P&D's Pop put it together today and then I spread out the branches. Not too bad looking; it's only five feet tall but we've put it on my Moosup window bench and it's just the right height. Not sure I'll decorate soon as it's way too early according to my upbringing,  When I was a kid we only put the tree up the night before Christmas and when we had kids it went up the week before Christmas. I imagine because it arrived today and has been assembled,  this year it might be decorated by the end of the first week in December. I am looking forward to seeing it lit up. I like Christmas even though we don't do gifts except for the special egg decorations for the little ones in our lives. Not sure how I'll manage to get that fresh tree smell because I don't like candles so I may have to pretend it smells like a blue spruce even though it's an Oncor Black Forest. Anyhoo . . . I'm excited about it even though we'll just be three adults and a puppy for Christmas dinner! We've found a super place to get excellent meats cut to order so I'm sure that whatever chicken or turkey we get will be excellent. At the cardiologist's today I was told to eat white meat, chicken, turkey and fish - no seafood which is okay by me. I will try to wean myself from the beef except tonight because we bought two seasoned ribeye steaks to try out David's Specialty Meats in Denham Springs. Then we'll try to be good although I will use lean ground beef for meatloaf and hamburgers from time to time.

I'm also pleased with the wonderful flower arrangement I bought for Thanksgiving. I just took it apart today, refreshed the water and cleaned out the dead parts and it is back to gorgeous.  I may have to go back to the Gift & Flower
Shop near Bass Pro for Christmas too!

Quote:  The worth of a state, in the long run, is the worth of the individuals composing it.   ___J. S. Mill

No comments: