Friday, December 9, 2016

This is a first . . .

Today's Northern Mockingbird
P&D's Pop and I brought our Closest and Eldest some cigars from a former student and on the way home we stopped at El Agave for a late lunch early supper. P&D's Pop had a nice big hamburger and I had steak fajitas. For drinks there was, of course, a Bud Light for himself and a Margarita for herself. When asked what size I wanted I said as long as it was in a tall glass and not those crazy Margarita glasses I would be fine. A quart mug of Margarita was placed before me. I don't think I'm exaggerating. I drank about half, maybe and then P&D's Pop said I could get a to go cup! That's right - in Louisiana you can get your drinks to go! So after polishing off the dessert, fried ice cream, bien sûr, we headed for home. I do not intend to complete my Margarita this evening. I took a nice brisk walk when we got home and feel just right.

Mentioning a walk reminds me that I decided to stop using my Fitbit to keep track of my exercise. I was getting addicted and pushing myself so much that I was hurting myself in the process. Five miles a day wasn't good for my left leg which acts up occasionally but was acting up big time when I was walking more than a couple of miles. So I'm using the Fitbit to keep track of calories and my weight. It's easy to do and seems to be helping me to keep on the straight and narrow. I've lost the five pounds I had gained since we arrived here last December. Now I'll just try to maintain a decent weight without going overboard! We'll see how I do over the holidays!

We received a beautiful present from Oneco friends today - two counted cross stitch wall hangings in perfect harmony and colors for the kitchen/dining room. They are wonderful vegetables in a finely worked pattern in subdued colors which are perfect on our wall. I am certainly spoiled.

Quote:  The truly generous is the truly wise, and he who loves not others, lives unblest.    ____Home

No comments: