Friday, December 30, 2016

Almost 3/4 of a century . . .




Wow, 74 years old seems like quite a few years - looks better written out i.e. seventy-four. Not sure how I got here so easily and quickly. I remember my Pépère Bonnin at that age and he was the nicest, kindest, most gentle man in the universe; my mother was a trooper, as she would say, tough as nails and my father was Pa, an accepting, thoughtful man who enjoyed living and thinking. Looking forward to enjoying our lives here in Louisiana and being comfortable and in love with my better and yet equal half, P&D's Pop. We're a pretty good pair; we want for nothing and each day is a quiet adventure in learning to enjoy life together.

And thinking of enjoying life we received two beautiful counted cross stitch wall hangings from our Oneco friends. I am so impressed with S's work and we have found a perfect place for them as you can see in the photos. I hope that some day they will venture down the Mississippi River on a paddle wheeler and we can meet them at each  port of call in Louisiana. That would be so neat. Just imagine picking them up in St. Francisville for a nice visit and then meeting them in Baton Rouge and then on to New Orleans. It's exciting just thinking about it. I would love to take the newest paddle wheeler from New Orleans way the heck up to the source of the mighty Mississippi. Well, I shall dream on and perhaps when my ship comes in we'll be able to afford the entire journey! Bonne idée. Yes, sounds like an excellent plan.

Quote:  That friendship will not continue to the end which is begun for an end.   ___Quarles

No comments: