Thursday, January 5, 2017

Novel . . . alone for lunch . . .

My small rose covered with dew
Returned from the 3 quirky three year olds and no white truck under the carport! P&D's Pop is out helping his friend Gil with some control line plane problems. Yes, that husband of mine is a fixer-upper of just about anything mechanical. Somehow or other neighbors and friends just find that out . . . he never says a word but they know who to call! Pretty neat. So . . . I had hot chocolate and honey biscuits for lunch. I almost went to Dairy Queen for a Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard in chocolate with extra peanut butter cup but since I've already broken down once this week I decided to be good for a change.

A friend and her son were doing some shopping and errands in the Denham Springs area yesterday and they called to see if I'd meet them for lunch. That's a no brainer. I met them at Randazzo's and had the Wednesday Pasta Special - Chicken Spaghetti with the pink sauce. It was excellent. Not
sure if my friend enjoyed her sandwich too much. I don't think she's used to imported from Italy meats. I think they are a little harder to chew than American cold cuts but they are generally tastier. There were no real complaints though. I could have gone for a home made Tiramisu but again I chose to be good. I'm staying about a pound over my target weight and still walking about two miles a day. So I'm not unhappy.

Have gotten the house ready for youngest kiddo as she and G. will be here Saturday evening. I'm in a hurry to leave to pick them up. I want to go now! Crazy woman, I am. And a week from today middle kiddo will arrive in Baton Rouge with Kiddo but too late for a visit so we'll see them Friday. I'm really getting antsy. I'm afraid it will go by too fast. But we're so happy we'll be with all three of our children - no longer easy to get together.

Quote:  Going to law is losing a cow for the sake of a cat.   ___Chinese Proverb

No comments: