Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Skittering leaves . . . a Capella Woodpecker vocals . . . This is odd - I found it as a draft from November 2014

Refreshing walk up the street this late morning. It certainly warms me up so much so that I have to remove my extra fleece hooded jacket. Glorious day, a whopping forty-three degrees, breezy, sunny clear blue skies, nary a cloud to hinder the low sun's attempt at warming the northeast. Feel like a million bucks as Pa used to say. I always  have a chat with Ma, Pa, Little Louise, Pépère Bonnin, Matante Rose, Gram and Angie on these walks. No wonder I am refreshed and ready to hang tough when the world seems to be falling apart.

The Bulletin finally got their act together and the paper is getting here before Grampa leaves for school. That's nice because it means I can be lazy and not have to go out and pick up the paper myself. It seems the Bulletin gave the new carrier a week or so to get used to his delivery route before making him deliver all papers before the 6am deadline. And . . . drum roll please . . . I have a new seat for my garage mood swing. I've been hinting for at least a year to Grampa that I was at the point of almost, not quite, but almost getting slivers on my derrière from the old board. Well . . . as fate would have it he built a dog house for the cooks at the Roadside and I found a perfect size piece of engineered wood on the garage floor under the saw. Since it was just haphazardly dropped there I have claimed it for myself and hidden it away for use in the Spring. It's hidden because you never know around here when Grampa might remember where he dropped something and decide he needs part of it for another project. It's mine. I claimed it first and that's that. Of course I may have to ask him to paint it for me so I don't catch my designer jeans and shred them to bits.

No comments: