Thursday, January 26, 2017

On a roll . . . two things figured out . . .

And my very own Red-headed Woodpecker is back!  Yay!
I have to think too long to find solutions to my problems. I've figured out how I can stay on Facebook without wanting to bean almost every friend at least three times a day! From this day forward I will only look at notifications and check out the ones I choose. No more looking at random merdeski - I shall choose whomever I trust to be interesting, humorous, kind, perspicacious, honest and funny. No more crap - sick of crapola. And . . . I shall continue to take photos and post them just to please my own sense of awe at what this beautiful world offers us everyday of our lives and which we often ignore at our peril. It is too sad and cumbersome to dwell on the evil side of our humanness. I refuse to take part in the thickheadedness I find in all media and choose to make my very own niche. So there it is.

Plus - I managed to figure out why no one liked the Swamp Pop Jean Lafitte Ginger Ale. Yup, I'm not a soda drinker but I decided to give the last bottle of Swamp Pop a taste - hell's bells, people, it's ginger, get it, ginger! Of course it's peppery - too sweet, yes but peppery! So I added in a Dixie cup of BlueBell vanilla and it is perfectly delicious. Way to go, Miss Irène. And for the record book I shall quote from my last bottle " In late 18th century Grand Isle, Louisiana, when the gentleman pirate Jean Lafitte still patrolled local waters, you could find an abundance of two things - seafood and cucumbers; the latter being their biggest cash crop until World War II. Chances are if you walk into a Louisiana backyard garden on a warm summer day, you'll still find a few cucumber plants. Swamp Pop Jean Lafitte Ginger Ale blends the refreshing flavor of cool cucumbers with a spicy Ginger nod to Jean Lafitte's travels through Caribbean waters."

Okay, that's it for today. I'm signing off to finish up my gingery-cucumberie swamp pop.

Quote:  Tribulation will not hurt you, unless it does____what, alas! it too often does____unless it hardens you, and makes you sour and narrow and sceptical.  E. H. Chapin

No comments: