Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Damnation . . . I'm good . . .


I called Sirius XM today to cancel our subscription for the car and for the house. I'm sick of the price going up each year so I spoke with a nice oriental man with a somewhat difficult accent but we worked it all out. I told him I expected to pay $100 total for both the car and the house radios a year. They are asking about $120 for the car and about $13 a month for the house! So I had a canniption fit and he was very cool. We will get both radios, car and home for $40.31 for five months and then I can renegotiate when this promotion is up in July. I told him that I'll cancel if it costs me more than $100 per year when July comes around. He said they'd send me fair warning about the expiration date so I will have plenty of time to talk to them and see what they can offer me the next time! I do not give them our credit card number so it will all be done by mail with a check. Expect to have to go through this again in July but it's almost fun. He was a very nice person to deal with! Hope I get him again.

Getting back into the swing of normalcy after the wonderful family get together a couple of weeks ago. Seems that youngest daughter and her fiancé may be here for a short visit in early September and middle child with husband and our grandson may be here in June! Yikes, our glasses overfloweth! We know we can visit with our son fairly often as he only lives about 3/4 of an hour drive from here. Life is just about the best it can be for us. We've been in our home a year and it's still so surprising to me that we can go outside in short sleeves in January! I realize it's not always this pleasant but wow, it feels so good to be outside everyday.

Had my haircut today; Erica is having trouble getting my hair to behave! I think it's the water. It likes to stick out in the oddest places! We spoke about her kids who wait for the bus at 6:30 in the morning in front of our house because they live on the circle. I told her they could wait on the porch when it rains and she was happy about that. P&D's Pop is almost always up before six so it won't be a surprise if he sees Juliana and Dalton sitting on the glider at breakfast!

Quote:  Another life, if it were not better than this, would be less a promise than a threat.  __J.P. Senn

No comments: