Monday, May 22, 2017

It's been so long my new iPad made me sign in . . .

Brown Thrasher Crossing
That's rather funny, don'tcha know! There has been lots of good stuff happening; walking daily, photos, trip to El Dorado, Arkansas, new plants but I get kinda down and don't feel like writing when I've got doctor stuff that needs to get done. But . . . as of this day I've been to the new doctor for the UTI's and things are looking pretty darned good. I even hate to mention it but I've got to say that the stomach problems I've been having lately seem to be gone at this time! I get so damned nervous now when I go to medical appointments that I work myself into a tizzy! Today Dr. Stephen Vick did a couple of tests and I'm good to go for another four months! Yay! He may even take me off  the latest daily medicine if the UTI's stay away. He's blaming my susceptibility on a surgery I had over 29 years ago! I also saw Dr. Hailey at Woman's and I'm all set for another year before I go for a mammogram again! Cool beansies plus he got me in touch with a super new gynecologist so I think we've finally covered all the bases. I guess when you come down to it a year to get the medical stuff  straightened out isn't too bad.

We'll be off to Houston, Texas Friday for a flying contest. I've never been to Houston so this should be fun. It's about a five hour drive, I think. I doubt I'll get any special photos because I'll just be along for the ride and launching the plane but that's fine too. I'll be seeing lots of new scenes as we travel and that is very enjoyable. I'm sitting on the front porch as I write - first time I write out here and I like it. I'm starting to sit out on the glider more often to watch the sunsets. It's been grey and rainy most of the day but it's still beautiful with shades of grey and green everywhere. Summer will be upon us soon.

Been Face Timing our Kiddo on Sundays. It's a good thing we'll see the Connecticut folks in August because he's growing up so fast he changes each week. They are happy in their older new home - even have a neat garden. I'm also looking forward to visiting Connecticut towards the end of Summer when I'll get a chance to drive our son-in-law's new flatbed! That will be extra special - haven't been on a Tow Truck Job in years!

Quote:  Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. ___Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.   ____Cicero

No comments: