Sunday, June 4, 2017

Most pokey, dull day . . .

Sky at South Park
P&D's Pop has gotten himself a formidable cold; it showed up yesterday with a sore throat and it is progressing. Not used to seeing him not feeling well. It's a good thing it's Sunday and he can watch the Dover Race on TV. Speaking of TV - Friday I had a cleaning company come in to see if they could clean up the living room carpet before I decided that I wanted new carpets all over hell and damnation. Well he tested it; it was cleanable and offered to do it right away instead of scheduling it for next week. That was cool but we ended up watching LSU trying to lose its home game on the TV in the bedroom! That worked out well once I remembered how to work the darned thing. We brought my rocker and a glider in the big bedroom and had very good seats for a terrible game even though they managed to win after committing only five errors!

We went to breakfast at IHOP this morning and  P&D's Pop didn't even go to the flying field afterwards while I went to Mass! That's odd. I walked In the neighborhood after Mass and it is muggier than hell; I imagine hell is pretty bad because I was drenched; only did about 5,000 steps before I quit, sat on the swing to get a breeze and recuperate. We'll watch LSU play again this evening if the weather holds. They won yesterday but it was too late for us because of the rain delay. At least they won again. Hope they can hold it together - I wouldn't mind a National Championship! That would be pretty cool.

Will start back at the Early Learning Center Summer Camp this week and will also help for a full week at the Bible School. I was accosted at Mass today and agreed to help with Bible School as long as I'm not teaching. I'll be watching over the high school kids who are getting ready for confirmation and have to perform so many works of charity etc. I had a really good kid last year - I expect I'll get the same type of kid again. Got a cornbread jalapeƱo stuffed chicken cooking for supper and we'll have a nice salad with our own cukes and a creole tomato thrown in. Should be just what the doctor ordered to clear up that fierce cold and keep it away from moi!

Quote:  Bashfulness is an ornament to youth, but a reproach to old age.   ___Aristotle

No comments: