Thursday, June 15, 2017

Now that was a pretty good day. . .

Wild flowers at South Park
Started out yesterday by not going to South Park with P&D's Pop because it was just too hot and muggy and I had a Doctor's appointment at 11 am. The incredible thing was that I left home at 10 and was back home by noon! Dr. Deepak's office was running like clockwork. And to top it all off he came into the room and told me that I had the best numbers of any cardiology patient he's ever had. He said my numbers were better than his. So I was pretty happy with that. When I returned home we decided to celebrate Father's Day early and went to the Longhorn for dinner. P&D's Pop had salmon and I ate the best 6 oz filet mignon I've ever had. It was broiled with black pepper and outrageously tasty and tender. I ordered medium rare. Come to think of it it was the best steak I've had in a restaurant. So I guess I shall have to order steak when I go to a steak house!

We had some company today. It gave me a chance to go to our Delicious Donut place and pick up some super good sweets. Daughter-in- law, grand daughter and kids stopped in for a pleasant visit. I'm glad that I kept my pop up books! The five year old liked the Dinosaurs, Sharks and Marvel Comic's Heroes books. I was surprised at how carefully he opened and closed each page.

It was so humid and hot today that I set up my Beatspill and the iPad. As I walked in the shade of the carport I listened to a couple of podcasts about British History and was really surprised at how interesting it is. I'm in the year 878 or so and found myself enjoying the narration. P&D's Pop and I also completed Crimetown. It'll be interesting to see where they go from Buddy Cianci and Raymond Patriaca!

Also heard from our Kiddo today. It was his last day of  seventh grade. He made honor roll and was pretty happy to tell me about that. He sounded good. He'll be going to Parks and Rec in Groton for the summer. I'm glad he'll get a chance to spend some time with the kids with whom he was in school for seven years.

Quote:  The spirit of man, which God inspired, cannot together perish with this corporeal clod.  ___Milton (I wouldn't bet on that, Mr. Milton. A corporeal clod tried shooting up some Republicans. I feel that God must re-inspire the spirit of man. We are in dire straits.)

No comments: