Tuesday, June 6, 2017

This has been interesting . . .

Light Pole Mockingbird
Had to have some fasting blood work done today for my six months regular check up with the cardiologist and after we ate breakfast at Waffle House in Zachary (it had been excellent once; went downhill last year and is starting to come back to pretty darned good) I felt the need for a ride to somewhere. The grey days are getting to be a pain in the derrière and I needed to get away to something different so P&D's Pop agreed to take me to Cabela's in Gonzales, about 32 miles south of DS. He generally finds something in the fishing department that is useful for making the 60 foot lines he uses to fly the control line planes. We did find what he wanted but they were too expensive so when we returned home he bought them from Cabela's on line for a much better price - go figure! In any case I got a chance to try on a couple of what nice t-shirts but they looked terrible on me so Grampa lucked out until after we renewed our fishing/ hunting licenses and we agreed to mosey up stairs. After looking around for a bit I spied the On Sale Room and it was pretty cool - at least for me! I actually found a few things that I liked - I now own a new pair of Teva's - not quite sandals but not thongs - very comfortable; I also own a laser pistol with two targets that works quite well. I'm not even close to comfortable around guns, especially pistols so I thought this might get me used to doing some target practice. I've always like to shoot a 22 rifle at a target but haven't done so in eons. I would love to be a good marksman and now I just may get a feel for it. The only drawback at this time is I'll have to use the hallway in the house for practice as it's too bright outside for the targets to show up! Oh well, nothing is perfect. The pistol is pretty hefty and is somewhat like a Glock 42/43, so the paperwork says! I am treating it like a real gun and so I'm still overly cautious but I hope I never get over that - I would like to be comfortable though! We'll see where this leads me. I haven't gotten too far with getting to a real practice range and maybe this will goad me on. I also bought a set of marbles and a floor target so I can beat up on the Kiddo when he comes to visit! Lastly I insisted that Grampa buy a new mesh hat. So for $160 we did okay.

I've already walked today because so far the rain has left us alone! That's a good thing. My plants are turning yellow from over watering! Time to think about supper tonight - pork chop casserole à la Moosup - browned chops, raisin and brown sugar gravy with apples on top and mashed potatoes on the side.

Quote:  No wickedness proceeds on any grounds of reason.

No comments: