Friday, September 7, 2018

Exhausted . . .

I feel as if I’ve put in a 50 hour week! I helped out at the Early Learning Center today, my first day back to school since summer vacation, and I’m beat. I only helped out in two classes but in the first class the teacher was not there so a school runner was holding the fort. When I got there she had already gone through all of the materials the teacher had left for her so I read at least three books to the 4 year olds and then we had them make a self portrait! When the teacher arrived I helped out in a class of three year olds. Not sure why I ended up pooped but I was. When I left I went to North Park and walked in the gym for 45 minutes listening to Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I wanted to listen longer but I just quit walking and came home to eat some mac and cheese and drink a Root Beer Float. I think my pep is returning. P&D’s Pop has been making up big batches of hummingbird food. We have more than a dozen at a time diving in to eat at the five feeders. We’ll be leaving for a flying contest next week and he will add about three more feeders and hope that the nectar lasts until we get home!

I returned a couple of videos I had borrowed from the Baton Rouge Library on Goodwood Wednesday and I decided to walk around the Botanical Gardens and take pictures. I was surprised with how many pretty decent shots I got. The gardens are not at their best at the end of the summer but it was still a nice walk.

I had lots more to write about but my brain is in slow motion at this time. I had a good long conversation with an Oneco friend last evening and I felt as if we were in Connecticut! I’m all caught up on the the goings on up north! I think we’ll just have a pizza for supper. That’s my old standby for Fridays.

Quote:  The great fact is, that life is a service.  The only question is, "Whom will we serve?" ______Faber


No comments: