Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Lunch with a Hummingbird . . .

South Park neighbor
P&D’s Pop and I usually have lunch on the back porch and today a male Hummingbird joined us! Yesterday I talked P&D’s Pop into putting a feeder on a place mat on the table across from where he usually sits and sure enough a couple of Hummingbirds found it but we were not sitting outside at the table. I knew it was only a matter of time before we would be out there and one of them would be brave enough to fly in for lunch! That really was exciting - both Grampa and I just froze while the bird was deciding if it was going to land; we only relaxed after it had finished its drink. It came back about four times! That was very cool.

I picked up my brand new hearing aids and charger yesterday. I’m hoping these work well, no glitches, because I like them. Tiffany asked if she could connect them to my iPad for me. She had never done that before so I acquiesced. She was mentoring a grad student today and they were both pleased as punch to be able to connect to the iPad. I must admit that it is pretty cool to listen to music, podcasts and Audible through my hearing aids. I should be getting an iPod in the mail today that will work the same way.

Kiddo started High School today. It’s so hard to believe that he’s so grown up; that has to mean that Grampa and I are also pretty darned grown up! We feel great and have no medical complaints. I expect it to remain that way! Our new medical insurance, Anthem Blue Cross, called today because I did some big time complaining on an email survey they sent me after I had called to ask some questions about the charges we’re getting for Out Of Network. Sunshine, yes, that’s her name, spoke with me at length and said she’s pretty sure they are not supposed to be charging us Out Of Network prices because we have no choice about which doctors we choose to go to. Everyone in our Parish is actually out of network! She will be calling me back by Friday to let me know if she is correct. That would be wonderful. I don’t want to pay the bills we’re getting unless I’m certain we owe them. Sunshine agreed!

We went to South Park today and I was surprised to get a few decent photos of a Great Egret and a Juvenile Little Blue Heron. I played with my camera almost all day!

Quote:  Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.   ____Moore

No comments: