Monday, August 13, 2018

Rearranging . . .

Gibbs Gardens
Sometimes ya just gotta rearrange your thinking to make life a bit smoother. At Mass Sunday our young seminarian mentioned how the Lord never said it was going to be easy to get to heaven. And there seems to be proof of that when you look around and see the chaos but if you slowly think about it you can make your own life sweeter, more comfortable, kindly and warm if you choose to enjoy the  mundane. I was rather down to start this day as I threw out emails and checked in on Facebook. There was nothing of significance that popped up. I wasn’t even tempted to like what most of my friends had posted or even what I had posted! It dawned on me that perhaps I should just go about my day and relax, appreciate every moment for what it is, a moment alive on this planet Earth where I can choose to not do “chores” but rather take deep breaths and go about my daily routines with tranquility and acceptance. So off I went in my spiffy, recently cleaned 2012 Hyundai to the Neighborhood Walmart to pick up some celery for tonight’s tuna salad, that P&D’s Pop will make later on today, some dry goods and a book of stamps. I was going to go to the self checkout but one of the ladies who was in customer service offered to get the stamps for me and also check me out. She was pleasant and sweet. I loved it. I felt like giving her a hug because I believe she is undergoing chemotherapy and she was as warm and alive as could be in spite of it. Then at the CVS I was able to use my 25% off coupon on the very expensive eye drops I use at least twice a day - saved $11 because the cashier explained that I could use it on two packages since it wasn’t on sale! Then I decided I needed a very large CC’s Mocha Decafe; the folks at the drive through were on target and made me smile with their service. So there you go, an excellent beginning to this 85 degrees cool Monday!

When we were at the park today P&D’s Pop had a mishap with the electric plane. The grass was too high and it caught the lines so he crashed. He’s in the process of fixing it now as we will need that plane to fly well in Florida. UPS just dropped off the return box for the 3G Heart Monitor. Yay! One less box in the house. Gotta finally get to today’s paper and see if I can keep my composure or if I will have to skip most sections!

Quote:  The most amiable people are those who least wound the self-love of others.  __La Bruyere

Quote: By a happy contradiction, no system of philosophy gives such a base view of human nature as that which is founded on self-love.  So sure is self-love to degrade whatever it touches.  ____Hare

No comments: