Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Extremely disappointed . . .

Shelbie - Pastel by Karen Gileau St. Jean
It was a seemingly good comfortable beginning of the day at South Park; we were there at 7 and there was even a slight breeze while the sun stayed behind some clouds so the walking was peppy and not draggy. As I walked and P&D’s Pop flew his latest model I heard sirens; charging through the park came a small lead fire truck and then a big one. I was looking for smoke but they just kept coming to where I was walking so of course I got out of the way. They stopped at the furthest pavilion where it seems a young guy had collapsed from an overdose. I think he had come to the park after he had already taken the drugs because I remember seeing him pull up to the pavilion rather fast and hurry out of the small green older truck without a shirt and grab a sweatshirt from the back of the truck and put it on. He was a thin looking young man with longish dark hair and whiskers. I didn’t think anything of it except I was surprised to see someone put on a sweatshirt! Soon after the ambulance and police arrived. Damnation - it brings me to tears to feel that in someway I was a part of the scene just by being there. It ruins my faith in humanity every time I come in close contact with evil and it is evil. The devil is stronger than ever and I want him to stay away from my bailiwick; I like my blinders.

Speaking of blinders I was also fortunate at the park because I was able to watch a couple saddle up their three year olds, a Palomino and a Red Roan, and put them through their paces. I rarely get to see horses at the park so that was a treat. The riders told me that they generally ride in the evening because it’s cooler. I’m glad I got to see them today.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting as my friend’s little girl will be staying with us for a few hours while her Mom gets ready for the new school year at the Early Learning Center. I think I may try to figure out how to get the Wii working! I haven’t used it for a few years!

Quote:  The best lightening rod for your own protection is your own spine.  __Emerson

No comments: