Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Hot Fudge Sunday . . . I really needed that . . .

Untouched photo from Ball Ground, Georgia
Yes I really, really did. It’s been a little disconcerting between last week and today. A week ago we drove to the VA Hospital in New Orleans to see a new doctor about getting P&D’s Pop some cholesterol medicine that wouldn’t bother his stomach like all of the others do. We did really well getting there and returning after the doctor visit which also went well. He’ll start his new stuff today. We both get nervous when we have to drive into any city in Louisiana but New Orleans is the worse aggravation as of this time! The next day P&D’s Pop brought me to Lane Medical Center in Zachary to have the small heart monitor device inserted on what’s left of my chest! That also went well but I get pooped out just from the shear aggravation of all of this hardware inside of me! It worked fine at the hospital but it wouldn’t work when we got home so I ended up speaking with Medtronic about fixing the problem. Without going into the lengthy details let’s just say that the 3G Monitor they gave me would only work with the bedroom shade open half way during the night. My room is facing the road and the connection was spotty. Of course they have a brand new 4G model which they didn’t give me. That came in today. Yay! I set it up myself and it works! They’ll be sending me a mailer so I can return the 3G. Thursday we kept three year old Lucy for the morning so her Mom could help her Grandmother take care of her Uncle who was hospitalized and her Grandfather who is at home but very sick. Then on Friday we left for Canton, Georgia to take part in a Control Line Flying Contest. It was close to an 11 hour drive because of the accidents and traffic in Montgomery, Alabama and the super congested loop around Atlanta. I was fit to be hog tied if I didn’t get outside to walk off all of that sitting time so we ate at the Out Back and then found the park where the contest was to be held. That was the best part of the day. The park was beautiful with great trails for easy walking but that did not help me to sleep Friday night. Saturday morning came very slowly and I was dragging but the day at the contest went well. P&D’s Pop got First Place in Warbirds Stunt and I managed to walk myself into a good night’s sleep. Sunday was a short day of flying. Early in the morning I walked about 3 1/2 miles at the park and in the afternoon we went to  Ball Ground, Georgia to walk another 2 miles or so at Gibbs Gardens which comprises 300 acres of outstanding gardens for all seasons and Mr. Gibbs’ Manor House. After dinner we fell asleep around 7:30 so we could get up at 3:00am Eastern Standard Time and make our way home. It worked out well. We slept like logs once we were home!

But , bien sûr, life loves to throw you some curves. Chase Bank was supposed to get a new credit card to us before we left on our trip because it pays better than our present card. Of course it didn’t come on time. I had left a note on the door asking UPS not to leave any packages. And bien sûr they left the new credit cards under the mat with another package of investment stuff. We didn’t even look under the mat until we returned from breakfast today and noticed that the mat felt a little weird! There were all of our papers! Naturally I needed to speak with someone to make sure all of our points from the cards we will be closing show up on the new card. That was a disaster in the making and I will not explain it here. Let’s just say businesses do not like dealing with customers on the phone; they want to text you! Ha! Phooey! They dealt with me in person, on the phone. It only took three different people to get the job done!

I just came back from a splurge. I had to return a poster I had had framed at Michael’s because the color of one of the mats was wrong. After that I stopped to get a Hot Fudge Sunday with coffee ice cream and walnuts. I didn’t dare ask for wet nuts because I thought I might get run out of the child friendly business! Feeling much better now that I’ve had my treat. It was better than a Margarita! I can’t believe I just wrote that!

Quote:  The heart that is soonest awake to the flowers, is always the first to be  touched with the thorns.   ___Moore

No comments: