Monday, August 27, 2018

Jumping rope is not child’s play . . .

I will have to speed up my camera if I want to stop the action! (Too much of a hassle!)
Wow, I’m trying to find exercises I like for in the house. It’s too muggy for me outside. I do my stretches inside and now that I’ve found the basketball gym at North Park I can walk inside. Youngest big Kiddo is trying to help me find a small device that is not a phone so I can listen to podcasts or audible books while I walk. I don’t get bored walking outside but walking in the gym is kinda tough without some sort of distraction. I spent a good part of my hour  Friday making my brain speak in French! That was tough because I really need to talk out loud and when you use the facilities at PARDS you are only allowed to have silent devices so you don’t disturb others. There were only two other people walking with me and only for a short time but I really found it hard to dig out my French without talking out loud! I tried to describe P&D’s Pop and my beginnings when we started out moving to Moosup after living in Norwich and then East Hartford. The words did not come easily! So I think a small listening device will be perfect for me if youngest Kiddo can find something that’ll work. I did find a YouTube workout for my first jumping lesson and it was pretty good. They certainly don’t urge you to do too much - you never want to jump more than five minutes says the young woman! Not a problem - this older woman did a few jumps properly and called it quits! I do believe I’ll keep working at it but I’m afraid to go over board so I’ll just keep it simple!

Quote:  The bad fortune of the good turns their faces up to heaven; the good fortune of the bad bows their heads down to earth.   ___Saadi

No comments: