Monday, August 20, 2018

Lots of ordinary stuff but it still ‘Wows me' . . .


There are days where I just can’t seem to get moving except if I kick myself in the buttski! That’s pretty hard to do but I do it because I know it's what I need! We’ve been going to the park almost every morning and the walking is tough because of the humidity so I don’t even carry my camera with me. The walking is really good for body and soul but I wish the water I lose sweating my way around the track and my very own walking trail would show up as pounds lost! It doesn’t but I will still keep pushing through. It’s not painful but it is so damned uncomfortable; I won’t quit because physically I feel really fine. It’s almost scary to feel so well. I really feel like the 65 I’ve spoken of before. Heck, it must be the prunes and blueberries I eat every day!

I needed some nice greeting cards and I was able to talk P&D’s Pop into a ride to Barnes&Noble in Baton Rouge with a trip to La Madeleine for a second breakfast before hitting up the bookstore. I like their card selection better than the one at Walmart or Whole Foods. I’m getting picky in my dotage. I usually read every evening from at least 9 to 11 but lately I’ve been almost falling asleep in my chair by 10:10 or so. I finally quit fighting it and go to bed only to wake up wide eyed and bushy tailed by 6am. It works out okay though because I can get my walking in before the sun gets too high in the sky.

Went to see Thoroughly Modern Millie at Théâtre Baton Rouge with P&D’s Pop and although I know theatre is not his cup of tea he was very good! I think that I may keep a list of their productions on hand and when I need to get to a théâtre to keep my sanity I’ll just hope I can grab a single last minute ticket and drive to Baton Rouge for a matinée.  I realize how much I miss Angie and all of the plays we attended at Providence Performing Arts. It’s been ten years and sometimes it feels like it was yesterday that she died and left me on my own to make new friendships. There are new people and old people in my life but there will never be another Agnès. There is a special place in our hearts and souls where we keep contact with our loved ones who have ventured to God’s heaven - thank God we knew and loved these kind, generous and at times cantankerous members of our families and our friends. 

I received an interesting email from one of my second cousins asking me to write up what I remember of my father’s brothers and sisters. I’m not a writer by any stretch of the imagination but I think I’ll give it a try; rather than email her my thoughts I may just use this crazy blog to see if I can help her out. She will also write what she remembers of them. I believe Marie is about 8 years younger than I so we should be able to come up with a few stories about our Caron Aunts and Uncles. Not sure how to go about this but I’ll kinda figure it out as I go!

Quote:  The greatest works are done by the ones. -The hundreds do not often do much - the companies never; it is the units - the single individuals, that are the power and the might. -Individual effort is, after all, the grand thing.   ___Spurgeon

No comments: