Friday, August 24, 2018

Not what I wanted to happen . . .


House Finches
What in tarnation! I’ve had my hearing aids since October and the rechargeable batteries and the charger are giving me fits for a second time. Oticon seemed to think that they had corrected all of the ‘minor’ problems but that is not the case. Mine are acting up and I’m sick of it. I spoke with Tiffany, we’re almost best friends by this time, and explained what was going on. She called Oticon and they are sending me a complete new set of hearing aids with a new charger. Tiffany told them that I wanted to get my money back on the special charger and batteries which seem to be causing all of the problems; I’d just use regular batteries because when the hearing aids work they really are very good! They want me to try a whole brand new set up first but they agreed to reimburse me for the special charging unit if this doesn’t work out. So that’s a plus. I’m wearing them now with plain batteries and they are fine.

Went target practicing at Bass Pro today and the goggles I bought to go over my glasses to protect my eyelids worked fine except - both sets of glasses fog up! I did shoot better and seem to be able use the sights better than I had been. After we got home P&D’s Pop drilled 18 holes in the protective chemical goggles we had bought so hopefully they won’t keep fogging up on me! Life ain’t easy when you’re 65!

Our  new Connecticut Teachers’ Retirement Board health insurance has been a bit of a pain so far but they did pay for my membership at the great health facility at North Park here in Denham Springs. There is an Olympic sized pool, oodles of work out contraptions, exercise classes and my favorite, an air conditioned basketball court where I can walk to my heart’s content. I walked an hour today and it felt good. I must admit I splurged when I got home and ate a Dixie cup of vanilla ice cream and four Piroulines! Heck I may have to walk again tonight!

Quote:  Want of decency is want of sense.   ____Roscommon

No comments: