Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Neighborhood impressions . . .

Snapdragon
Decided I needed to walk the circle last evening. It's amazing how beautiful and calm our neighborhood is. Yesterday morning as I was out for my regular exercise one of our neighbors called to me and wanted me to choose a birdhouse out of the many her Uncle had made over the years. It was so thoughtful. They know how much I enjoy the birds and they themselves have many bird houses on their property. I think we must be feeding the neighborhood with all of our feeders! As I was roaming around I saw a lost Canada Goose. He was flying overhead and honking. I think he must have been looking for his compatriots as he flew by at least three times in widening circles. I don't think I would normally feel sorry for a Canada Goose as they are dirty birds as far as I am concerned but I did feel badly as I've never seen a lone goose crying. I hope he's found his family and friends!

Today we ended up at James's Grill for breakfast and it was an eye opener! The restaurant has been sold and one of the new owners was sitting at a back table.  They have already cleaned up a lot of the junk that had been displayed on the shelves for years and there were no prices listed for the meals! P&D's Pop knew what was coming next when he went to pay. It cost him a whopping $1 more than usual. I have no idea if they will be able to keep the prices as low as they are.  Even paying the extra $1 is cheap.  He always has 2 eggs, grits, grilled sausage and a huge biscuit while I have a large pancake with one fried egg on top along with 2 coffees and refills for about $12. The waitress who usually waited on us came to tell us that she is now the manager and is finding it hard to not wait on everyone.  Rony has been there 16 years!  What's cool is that the cook was the one I like who makes my pancake with crispy edges! It'll be interesting to see the changes as they go along. It's a very old dilapidated building so any improvements will be great.

In the mood to complain about my new glasses which I'll be returning and also to complain about the stand in for my poor sick Cardiologist but in stead I'll just go and listen to my Audible.  That always puts me in a good mood.

Quote:  A picture is a poem without words. ____Horace

No comments: