Thursday, April 4, 2019

Super miserable weather . . .

Northern  Mockingbird
I think it has been raining for about 14 hours and it is still coming down. The lower lawn looks like a small pond! I suppose I should have taken my potted plants onto the porch but they are so soaked right now I’ll just hope they survive. Perhaps we’ll get some drying out tomorrow although the forecast doesn’t bode well for any sunshine. I helped out at the Early Learning Center today and I was impressed with the lady who was subbing for the regular teacher. Since the kiddos couldn’t go out and play she set up three different play areas in the classroom and assigned 3 children to each play area. After 10minutes she shifted them to different play areas and sometimes changed the kiddos in the various groups. It worked out very well. Some of the little ones wanted to change places or go to a different area than the one assigned but she was firm and they complied! Cool beansies!

It was the last day of work for one of the teachers and the administration bought lunch for all and sundry. My goodness, I ate much too much for lunch. I had chosen Chicken Fajitas and they came with absolutely everything possible including extra corn chips, salsa and whatever else can be imagined! I ate all of the chicken, vegetables and sauces but gave the lady I was working with everything else to take home for her kids. I don’t feel like cooking supper tonight but P&D’s Pop must eat so I guess I’ll have to start cooking soon. I should never eat a big lunch. It makes me lazy!

Quote:  The phrases that men hear or repeat continually end by becoming convictions and ossify the organs of intelligence.   ____Goethe

No comments: