Friday, June 21, 2013

Grampa and Kiddo working hard . . .

Aren't they cool?
Kiddo came prepared to do some spray painting! We bought him some wood models of sea life and he and Grampa are putting them together. We had also gotten him a clock to make when we were at Brodak's but there were pieces missing so poor kid had to send it to Grampa who was able to make the missing pieces. So all is well that has ended well!

Had a pretty busy week because Kiddo finished school last Friday and rec doesn't start until this coming Monday. Went swimming four days this week in the family pool. Finally got used to the water today! We've been playing water basketball; a lot of fun.

Grampa just returned from playing horseshoes in Plainfield with one of my old students from 35 years ago! That's crazy. It has dawned on me that some of my students would now be about about 64 years old. Criminny jinkets, that's hard to grasp. I must admit that I really liked all of the kids I had in classes. Sometimes those I had to deal with in the halls were pains in the derrière but all in all I enjoyed all of the kids - administrators and guidance counselors - not so much.

Younger sister stayed with younger brother for a couple of days this week so I got to spend Wednesday with her right here in Moosup. It was super. I will be seeing her next Wednesday n her turf!

Quote:  Scratch the green rind of a sapling, or wantonly twist it in the soil, and a scarred or crooked oak will tell of the act for centuries to come.  So it is with the teachings of youth, which make impressions on the mind and heart that are to last forever.
    The highest function of the teacher consists not so much in imparting knowledge as in stimulating the pupil in its love and pursuit.
    To know how to suggest is the art of teaching.   ____Amiel

No comments: