Thursday, June 27, 2013

More than enough . . .

Wow, the rain gods are being overly generous. Drove home from East Granby yesterday in the worst rain cell I've ever driven in. It was as if the gods had turned the heavens convex to collect all the water on earth and then went back to concave and dumped, dumped, dumped and dumped some more. Wild ride from around Willimantic to Wauregan on Routes 6 and 205. I think I may have been traveling with the storm. Decidedly didn't want to stop on the side of the road and wait it out as some people did. I think that would have made me nervous. As it was I was careful and plowed through it. Not too many idiots on the road going hell bent for leather through that mess; only one blew by me in the opposite direction and added so much water to the mix I was totally blind for a fraction of a second; scary none the less. Was supposed to go and spend the day at Amos Lake with Moosup cousins but we have rain, gloom, and darkness predicted for at least another week! Hope the garden doesn't float across the street and down to the river! The spray I've been using to keep the deer from the garden seems to be working but she may decide to visit if the rains wash away the odor. The odor is supposed to last through many rains but we're having torrential downpours. Puppies and Dante's Pop has set up three long drain pipes to keep the waters away from the cellar. Keeping my fingers crossed. Water is still cascading over the wall and into the storm drain. (Cascading is a bit too strong but I like the sound of it!)

Went to Salmon River Park in Colchester Sunday to see Control Line Combat but it didn't happen. We took a walk along the beautiful river and Grampa got a nice shot of an older man contentedly fishing while his wife kept an eye on him as she fished from shore. Went out with Oneco friends for a pleasant evening; also received the cardiologist's A-okay for my health so all is right with my world. He did say I could lose a few pounds as I'd gained about four since he saw me in December but told me not to stress over it. I must admit that my appetite is back with a vengeance, especially for sweets!  Should get myself motivated to play the Yamaha but I've been really lax and lazy lately. Maybe today?

Quote:  If God hath made this world so fair, where sin and death abound, how beautiful, beyond compare, will paradise be found!  ___Montgomery

No comments: