Thursday, February 5, 2015

And on the fourth day . . .

Yesterday
Yes, on the fourth day P&D's Pop found his wedding band! The day before our 48th anniversary he had worked outside with the snow blower cleaning up the driveway and when he came in noticed his wedding band was missing. He checked his gloves and I looked around the garage but there was no ring. So, being the economical Yankee he ordered one yesterday on Amazon. This morning as I wakened  he waved his hand to me and there was the ring on his left hand. He had been standing near my seat at the dining room table looking out the window at the birds and happened to look down; there, on the little striped red rug  that holds the stool with my blooming cyclamen he saw his ring on the rug under the lower rung of the stool! Wow, he figures that it fell off Monday morning when he opened the blinds and because it fell on the little rug he never heard it! I said that I rarely clean around that area and he said, "That exposes a glaring problem." He cracks me up. It's a good thing I hadn't decided to use the Dyson on a rare cleaning frenzy! Now I have more reasons not to go overboard being a neatnick.

Grampa is at the school helping out today and I think I'll go out and push the new snow that's falling quite fast across the driveway so when he gets home around lunchtime he won't pack it down with the Hyundai and make it hard to clean up.

Quote:  Some persons do first, think afterward, and then repent forever.   ____Secker

No comments: