Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I did it, I did it, I did it . . .

Baby it's cold outside.
I said to him I did it and indeed I did. Oh my word, it only took me about a year or so but I figured out how to watch my Amazon Prime freebies like Masterpiece Theatre when P&D's Pop is sleeping. I finally put my feeble brain to work and now have my Pioneer headset working through the Smart TV. I couldn't figure it out but I knew I could watch and listen to my basketball games on the regular TV shows with my headset but when I tried to make the changes on the Smart part of the LG TV the headset wouldn't work. So with P&D's Pop off to a meeting tonight I decided to work on the problem and I solved it! I couldn't make the Pioneer headset work on the Amazon Prime but that's because I had to change the settings on the regular TV HDMI before I went to the Smart TV for Amazon Prime. Isn't that amazing that it took me so long to figure it out. I'm ecstatic because I can now watch all the schmaltzy stuff  that Grampa can't stand.  I just hope I can keep any expletives that may come out of my mouth in some sort of very quiet mode. Yay for me. Good on me.

In other matters I had a great visit with younger sister today. We pretty much pick up dessert, go to lunch and just hang out together. It's warm, comfortable, relaxing and fun. It's probably my best habit. And since I am a creature of habit I hope the weather continues to cooperate for our Wednesday meetings. Kiddo has Friday off and I'm hoping the weather allows me to go get him and we'll bring him home Saturday before we get socked with another snow storm. We have an outrageous amount of snow and I'd like to try to push some of it off of the porch roof but Grampa says no. So I shall be good and not go upstairs with a shovel to push the white stuff off through the three windows over the porch.  I guess it really is okay but I'm a nervous Nelly. The house roof is fine and the garage is pretty good too but the porch picked up a lot of drifting snow.

Well, time to take a shower and start watching some Masterpiece Theatre!

Quote:  Little joys refresh us constantly, like our daily bread and never bring disgust; great ones, like sugar-bread, refresh us briefly, and then bring satiety.   ____Richter

No comments: