Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Beautiful day . . .

P&D's Pop and I went to Denham Springs to start getting used to our soon to be home town. We decided to go food shopping and found My Rouses Golf Coast's Best. Wow, what a huge supermarket - you can even have breakfast there! They also have the biggest liquor selection I have ever seen, anywhere! And . . . there is someone in charge of the really high end stuff! Yikes! We don't need any booze but it sure was an eye opener. The store is only about two miles from our home. It's pretty amazing how different the products and companies are here in Louisiana compared to Connecticut. I may have to special order a few items that I will surely miss from up North - like King Arthur Flour! We got a little lost on the way back to our son's home but the trusty GPS he let me use helped get us back on the straight and narrow. I'm sitting in the cool shade on the front porch in the glider Mona bought a few years back from a prisoner at the Louisiana Angola State Prison. It's lasting quite well out here in the elements. I needed to cool off after my six lap walk and the sweeping of the cement part of the driveway. P&D's Pop is off to Clinton flying with his old and new buddies. That is such a nice hobby he shares with a really great group of men. We'll have Cajun sausage sandwiches with beans for supper tonight. Lots of cool new stuff.

No comments: