Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hard to believe . . .

Impossible to comprehend that I am, at this moment in God's precious time, sitting in our son's back yard at the gazebo table enjoying the low sunshine shining ever so brightly on my back. It's been a rather long and difficult path but we have left the cold but still beautiful New England to enjoy the land of superior warmth and calm beauty. Of course I don't expect miracles but it feels good to see new and wondrous natural beauty as we travel the long, flat back roads in this part of Louisiana - I call it the buckle! If you think of Louisiana as a big boot then put the buckle at the front ankle you know where we will now have our home. It is very quiet in our son's yard and I doubt it will be as quiet at our new home but it will be what we have been searching for over the past two years. We will live in a twenty-two year old sub-division with a well fenced in yard. There are a few live oaks, not too mature, but live oaks just the same, a few crepe myrtles and a magnolia on our half acre. It will be interesting to try to fit all of our old homestead furniture into our much smaller house. When we decided to down size, we downsized! I expect we'll be somewhat settled in our Denham Springs home by mid February - only if the movers get a wiggle on once we close on January 27th.  I plan to take a lot of time figuring out how I want the rooms to look. All we really have now is time to enjoy each other and the newness our change in venue has to offer. I am forever grateful that we live in an era where we can keep in close touch with the people we have left so far away in New England. Technology is a boone for us. Already planning how we'll be able to get our Kiddo down for  regular visits with his parents, too, bien sur but they both have to work so it may take some figuring out to plan their stays. In any case Kiddo will have his old room just like he did in the old homestead - different yet the same. We've been using Face Time so he can show me his latest card tricks. Once my good iPad has a new screen we can also go back to playing Trivia Crack! I think I'll order my own version of the IQ questions for sixth graders so we can also see how much I don't know! Well the sun is already getting too low to warm my back so that'll be it for today.

No comments: