Friday, January 15, 2016

Yikes, just completed seven sweaty laps . . .

Hard to imagine that it's January and I just completed seven laps around our  big kid's driveway and I'm all hot, sweaty and feeling like a million bucks. Can't imagine I'll be able to walk early afternoons like that in the summertime! Day started our cloudy but turned to sunshine as we headed out once again the find our way around our new neighborhood. We found the old town hall in the historic district of Denham Springs and were happy to pick up a couple maps for Livingston Parrish. I'm still having trouble orienting myself in town but I'm going to get there one of these days. We drove right by the road to the new town hall off of River Road but we'll be going back again soon that's for certain! We drove out to North Park on Eden Church Road and stopped in at the Parks and Recreation District # 3 office. There are an incredible amount of baseball diamonds, soccer fields, basketball courts, a golf driving range, track, walking trail, fishing pond, tennis courts, pavilions and a fitness and aquatics center with a six lane indoor pool and an air conditioned basketball gym. I swear I've never seen anything like it. And . . . there are two other parks besides! As we spoke to the people in the office I was watching at least 50 women of all ages exercising with dance like moves - incredible. P&D's Pop asked if he would be able to fly his control line planes there and they said it would be better if he went to South Park so we'll go and find South Park another day. A young man from Texas gave us directions. What a world we live in - so small and yet so magnificently large and accessible . The ladies in charge of children's programs asked P&D's Pop if he would come back and give a control line demonstration for the kids so he gave them his name and phone number. I think we might be a bit busy in our new home town.

No comments: