Sunday, February 21, 2016

Amazing grace . . .

Was thoroughly overcome by the music at Immaculate Conception RC Church in Denham Springs this morning. I hope the young man who did most of the a Capella singing will be part of the 9am Mass every Sunday. The choir is excellent, the piano and bass are great but his voice is a blessing. It's amazing that he also leads the entire congregation in the short responses and they sing as I've never before heard a congregation sing. Of course I have very little experience other than in the little village where I grew up. Perhaps living in the suburbs of Baton Rouge makes a big difference too but I do believe that music is a way of life here in Louisiana. I have been to two different Protestant churches and a Catholic service in another parish and the music has been important but I've rarely heard a voice like his except on Boadway. Wow, feeling good about this move to southern climes.

Misplaced about four thousand dollars but it has been found! Yep, I thought I had paid our Visa credit card bill but I sent the money to CL&P! Only found out when Visa complained about a late payment and then I started to try and figure out what had gone wrong. Was pretty scary until I finally ran off a copy of our bank statement and saw the egregious error I had made. CL&P, now known as Eversource, didn't even let me know I had overpaid them! But they are sending us a check and Visa did not charge us for the late payment and interest. Wow, I think I need a handler! Not really. It's been hectic trying to work off of the iPad for everything we needed but now that we're in our own home and the computer is working it'll be a lot easier to keep track of bills and banking. Our big Kiddo here in Louisiana offered to let us use his computer but we didn't want to impose on him. As it was he and his wife kept us for about six weeks. For that we are grateful. They were a comfort to us as we waited out the the buying of our home. And it still and will always be a great comfort to have them close. I went to the Baton Rouge Zoo with our daughter-in-law, grand- daughter and three little ones yesterday. It was so much fun and the kids were great. Must admit I was tired and had to drive home at dusk but I'm ready to do it again!

No comments: