Friday, March 25, 2016

Scrambled eggs . . .

Side yard bushes
I always get up in a pretty good mood but today was exceptional. P&D's Pop cooked breakfast for me ; the first time he has used the new gas stove. He likes it and it was a terrific breakfast; scrambled eggs, Vidalia onions and ham with cinnamon raisin toast and Louisiana honey. He also makes a great cup of coffee with chicory. I could get used to this!

The garage/workshop is complete and most of the equipment has already been placed inside. P&D's Pop waited until I wasn't home to drive the El Camino into its parking spot. He shined it up and it looks great in its special place. Within the next few weeks an electrician friend will come to bring the power into the "shed." That's what the neighbors call it, a shed. It seems that you don't need a building permit for a shed so it's a shed and I'm guessing that you don't pay taxes on it either. Pretty neat.

He's off to Independence Park in Baton Rouge to fly and then on to the Hobby Shop while I have to shop for Easter. We'll just be four for a late afternoon dinner of Prime Rib and a few fixin's, nothing too grand - just plain and simple. Time to get my stretches and exercises completed before I face the day.

Quotation: Politeness is good nature regulated by good sense. -- Sydney Smith


No comments: