Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Trying to keep up . . .

Cormorants
I've been finding it difficult to keep up with my blog. Somehow or other the days just keep rushing by and I can't seem to get a written word in edgewise. We went to our regular Tuesday iHop breakfast which is really great because I have two eggs over medium and a side of Swedish Crepes. The crepes are covered in Lingonberries and Lingonberry butter. Wow, it's my new favorite until I decide I need a change. After breakfast we went to a park in Walker so P&D's Pop could get in some flying and I could do my walking. It's a great place to walk - a huge park with all kinds of sports fields and a nice little pond where you can go fishing off of the pier or just cast from around the edges. You can catch catfish, sac o lait  or crappies and even rainbow trout! They stock the trout in the Winter because the water gets cold but they can't live in the summer. I was able to get some great pictures of a couple of cormorants who were just hanging around. The other day they were fishing and it was fun to watch them. Expecting to go on an excursion with southern daughter tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Finally found an excellent woman to cut my hair. Erica lives across the driveway from us and works in a shop on Range in Denham Springs. She gave me the best cut I've had in months - she's a keeper!

No comments: