Thursday, September 8, 2016

Almost perfect flip off . . .

New ornamental pepper
Since we're having problems with P&D's Pop's cell phone (we've already changed the battery and brought it to the at&t store in Watson) I decided I needed to get my let's-get-this-merdeski-fixed-for-good attitude in gear so I left the house alone leaving P&D's Pop talking on the phone about flying, planes and whatever men can find to discuss. The Watson store wasn't too busy and the manager took care of my problem. She said they'd had a lot of complaints about the particular phones we have that are about two years old and suggested we get the LG phones which are more reliable. Naturally they don't have any really plain, regular, ordinary phone phones in the store but she found two of them and will have them for me Monday. So . . . that's a good thing and I rewarded myself with a stop at Big Easy Beignets for a snack. The only problem, well not a problem when you come down to it, was that I ordered the smallest order which consists of 3 beignets but the chef was his generous Louisiana self and gave me four! Yup I ate them all with extra powdered sugar and the strongest Community Coffee on record, black bien sûr, so I'm revved up.

I then decided to stop at Clegg's to buy a new plant to add to my pots on the back porch. I found a very nice colorful ornamental pepper that they put out for Fall planting. The man behind me in line warned me not to let the grandkids dare each other to bite a pepper or to let any pets mess around with them either. He explained that they were hotter than hot. The lady at the cash register said I could make some hot pepper jelly with them! Interesting. Finally I headed for home only to have some dude in a big bad Ford 550 dually cut me off on Juban so he could slam on his brakes when he crossed in front of me to get into the I12 lane. I haven't flipped anyone off since the Gold Star Bridge in Connecticut quite some time ago but the automatic response is still only slightly buried in this now almost calm southern belle. (That's a joke.)  And so yes I flipped him off and it felt good. Time to go work off the excess coffee hyper me and do some weed whacking.

Quote:  It is with narrow-souled people as with narrow-necked bottles; the less they have in them, the more noise they make in pouring it out.  ___ Pope

No comments: