Monday, March 6, 2017

$32 lunch . . .

Another surprisingly good lunch at El Agave in Zachary today. We brought the pupster home as her folks will be home after work and before returning home we decided to have lunch. I think it's a pretty cheap yet very good lunch for the price: 2 Bud Lights, one Texas Margarita, one Philly Cheese Steak with fries, one Steak Fajitas and one fried ice cream to share. It was all fresh and good. I'm always surprised when P&D's Pop doesn't mind going to a Mexican restaurant because they're not usually something he likes but he did like the hamburgers the last times and the Philly Cheese Steak was also a hit. Yay for me - I don't have to cook dinner and I finally had a Margarita - I've been missing out lately!
Not much sunshine

We were at South Park this morning but it ended up too windy for more than one flight and there were only Robins flying around so it was a rather dull walk - but a walk none the less. I haven't been in the mood to wear the Fitbit lately. I find it annoying because I keep checking it and wanting to keep adding more steps which gets tiresome and boring after a while so . . . it's on the shelf until I'm in a better mood. I am keeping track of the calories, though because I've been starving lately and eating too much! It does help me to keep track of my over eating! Isn't that great? Especially since I don't feel like exercising more!

I did break down and try to buy some more comfortable jeans/pants at Walmart in Walker but that didn't workout so I went to Stage in DS and was surprised to find the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and capris that I like. I think I'm tired of trying to be comfortable in size 10 and even though the 12's are not fitted they feel good! So that's that's - I need to be comfortable especially when sitting down and swinging. Stage also carries Easy Spirit shoes which I like. Can't find any good crew neck cotton t-shirts down here so I'll stick with LLBean. Also looking for a shirtwaist cotton dress and cotton skirts - hard to come by in the stores. Almost everything is some sort of polyester and I hate it! I'm getting too damn fussy in my dotage!

Time to do some stretches and read the paper.

Quote:  It is to be lamented that great characters are seldom without a blot.   ___Washington

2 comments:

Natalie said...

well glad you found some clothes that you like, 100% cotton is great but not always easy to find, comfort first, then style if you find both and it fits you hit the jackpot, unless of course there is a sale and you have coupons, then, you are participating in my favorite sport! SHOPPING! LOL, nice visiting with you today
Natalie

Qu'que chose said...

Yes, it was very nice to speak with you. Can't wait to get the box for the kiddos. Happy Easter to you and Joe. Thank you so much for the box of goodies.