Friday, March 24, 2017

Wow, need more pine straw . . .

Yes, an alligator!
P&D's Pop bought me three bales of pine straw yesterday and he brought them out to the front of the house this morning, unwrapped and unrolled them after cutting some shoots and roots of crazy bushes I don't want. But I still need at least one more bale so he's off and running around DS as I write.

No helping at the Early Learning Center today because they are having a Trike-a-thon in the parking lot to raise money for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital from 9 to 10:15 and then releasing the kiddos for the day. Since I only go from 10 to 1 that wouldn't work out. One of the best things that happened at school yesterday was that I got to hold baby K and he fell asleep on my shoulder. He had been fussy on his Mom who was a full time teacher at the ELC last year; baby K who is only about six months old had to have his left eye removed because of cancer and she needed to be with him in Tennessee for weeks at a time so my friend Camille, who had only wanted to sub this year, became a full time teacher and K's mom subs when medical appointments allow her to do so; she brings K to work with her! It is so nice - he has his fake eye in place and if I didn't know which eye had been removed I would not know that he had ever been operated on. Thank God for the wonderful innovations in medicine that have allowed baby K to be cancer free and thriving. Wow, Higgs boson at His best working with impossible to control humans!

I've been having so much trouble with my older iPad - even thought it had died because we couldn't get anything to come up on the screen - that I called Apple and spoke with Jeffrey who told me that if I could wait until today Apple was unveiling it's latest model and it would be less expensive than the iPad Pro. So this morning using the phone and email I have snagged the newest iPad on the block. I didn't want to pay $10 for expedited shipping so it should be here in early April. I'm so excited and hope that I can get it all set up on my own! As luck would have it P&D's Pop removed the SIM card from the old one and we finally got it to work again so I'm not left in the lurch. We really like the Waze app and without the iPad we can't use it! So until the newbie gets here we still have a backup. My first old iPad is now dead as a door nail!

We had a fantastic trip to Avery Island Monday; at the end of the day before leaving for home I did buy some Tabasco Sauce  and some hot pepper jellies! We had already visited the Tabasco Plant a few years back with our son and his wife so this time we just went to their Jungle Gardens. It is impressive to be able to drive around the gardens and stop wherever and whenever you want and get out of the car to look around and snap all of the photos you'd like! Wow, my first time seeing alligators in the wild - it was wonderful. We will have to go back early next year because we missed the azaleas and the camellias. Seems we should have taken our trek at the end of February or early March. Of course the mild Winter made the plants bloom earlier than usual so I guess Higgs Boson can be blamed for us missing the flowers!

Well P&D's Pop is back with the pine straw so I'll go out and use my handy dandy new small potato digger like tool to spread it around!

Quote:  God heals, and the doctor takes the fee.  ___Benjamin Franklin

No comments: