Thursday, March 2, 2017

Incredible . . .

There must be close to 40 cars parked on our street and around the circle. Our neighbor's opened their home to members of their extended  family whose mother was killed in an accident a few days ago. I'm not sure I can put in the link to the accident but it was caused by a construction vehicle on I-55. The lady I help out at the Early Learning Center had to leave early today to go to the funeral of her husband's hunting buddy's mother. As I was taking my walk this afternoon and cars were parking on the road someone called, "Miss Irène." And there was C with her daughter Lucy and her husband; they had just come from the funeral and were now at the reception at our neighbor's home because the lady who had been killed in the accident's home had been flooded as were the rest of her family's homes. This is awful I certainly never expected to feel that close to people who have experienced such tragedy as we have lived here for such a short time.http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/communities/livingston_tangipahoa/article_5fca3196-fb84-11e6-83f0-234ad3dc2290.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

No comments: