Thursday, October 21, 2021

Phone call made me laugh . . .




 I rarely answer the phone as P&D's Pop is in charge of the phone but he is off on errands this morning and I had to answer the house phone. It was for P&D's Pop but since he wasn't here the man asked me a few questions. He was from the Advocate and wanted to know if my husband would have written a letter to the editor. He had our email address and phone number on the letter that had been submitted on line and he was making certain it was really P&D's Pop's letter. I told Mr. S that I was not privy to what my husband does at all times but if he would read the letter to me I would probably be able to tell if he had written it. So he gave me the gist of the letter which was based on an article in yesterday's paper about making an official graveyard for all governors on the grounds of the state capitol. Well as soon as he mentioned that and the prison at Angola in the same sentence I told him I was quite certain that was definitely my husband's letter. We both cracked up. I imagine it will get published soon. He left me with his name and number in case I was mistaken but we both knew there was no mistake in figuring out who had written the letter. It's so much fun once in a while to find someone with a sense of humor. Of course it would be even better if our knuckle-headed politicians didn't take themselves so seriously and really believe that they should set aside a place of honor in a graveyard at the State Capitol for bloviating, self-serving, criminals at taxpayers' expense. Any righteous former Louisiana governor would be appalled at being offered burial with the the crooks of former times or the crooks in the making! I mean we're talking about governors who have spent time in jail for goodness' sake. Office holders in Louisiana seem to consider it a badge of honor to have at least spent some time in prison. When you follow their antics in the press you realize that what they say and do really does qualify them for space in jail!

Anyhoo - it was fun speaking to someone who seemed to appreciate P&D's Pop's letter. 

I guess it's time to finally get back to doing some baking and normal activities now that my right hand, arm, elbow and shoulder are starting to come into compliance with normalcy. I have cut PT back to twice a week although I still work out on my own four days a week. Onward I shall go until I come as close to normal as possible. What the heck - normal is a state of mind so I've just got to set my mind to what I will accept as right for myself!
 

Quote:  Indifference never wrote great works, nor thought out striking inventions, nor reared the solemn architecture that awes the soul, nor breathed sublime music, nor painted glorious pictures, nor undertook heroic philanthropies. All these grandeurs are born of enthusiasm, and are done heartily.____Anon  

No comments: