Friday, November 30, 2012

Hyundai debit card !!!

Marriage Contract
Memere and Pepere Caron
 
Yesireebob, just received the notification from Hyundai that we will be getting a debit card for gas as long as we own the Élantra. Pretty neat! Haven't figured out how much yet because we have to have the dealership confirm the odometer reading which we'll do when they check it out on December 10. It just passed a 27000 mile check up with flying colors but they couldn't find the reason it will scare you once in while when you start it so they want it over night to do some more testing. They plugged the tire that Puppies' Pop had to fill with air. It seems we had picked up a nail. All of this is at no charge which is a good thing! Just called Doyle's Drugstore in Plainfield. They had sold out to CVS but I'm guessing that five years has gone by so he can get back into business. We will now transfer our prescriptions back to him. Yea for the little guy. He had kept a 5 & 10 going so he's in good shape to reopen Doyle's. Cool beansies. Puppies' Pop never liked to go to CVS.

Grampa found an ad in the Turnpike Buyer for a couple that will come to your home and relieve you of your junk or do an appraisal. I couldn't go along with it, at least not yet. It seems I'm attached to the old stuff in this older than the stuff house as you can tell by the photos I'm digging up. I'm going to try to get rid of some things that are just hanging around but not sure how or when. Poor man, here he is ready to clean up, make a few bucks and I'm holding back. Maybe turning 70 in a month is making me nostalgic. I feel a bond with this place and have trouble letting go even though I don't often rummage through the "stuff."

Bought a monster book from an Amazon seller, Winter of the World, by Ken Follett. I got to page 50 and started on the next page, naturellement, and it made no sense. The next page was 110! I searched the 940 page book for the missing 30 pages and no luck. Wrote to the seller and he said he checked out his books and found a few more like that. He sent a new book with all the pages intact. Weird.

Got a call after 8 last night. Kiddo was all excited. He got his basketball jersey! It's red with Groton written on it. Made me guess his number. When it took me too long to guess accurately he helped me out by saying, "Between 1 and 12." It's 12. That kid likes to make me suffer!


Quote:  Those we call the ancients were really new in everything.    ____Pascal

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

May I borrow your new book when have finished reading it?,like in a week or less if you are like your brother.

Qu'que chose said...

I'm not like by little brother! It takes me a while to read a book because I only read novels in the evening; my daytime reading is more stodgy! But I have the first book of the trilogy, Fall of Giants, if you'd like to borrow it. I have the paperback version and it is very thick!

Natalie said...

yes,please,let me start w/the first book. I read Pillars of the Earth and enjoyed it ...heavy to hold but rested it on a pillow and not bad