Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a wonder he is . . .

New wall paper.
This good, solid, caring husband of mine can do whatever needs to be done. My almost two year old, no longer under warranty, Oskar Air Humidifier would only show a single bright red LED light when I pushed the On button. It was immaculate; it had two new filters; it had the Ionic Silver Cube. He took his charge tester and found out that the contacts were messed up. Brought it down to the Hangar;  did some wiring and VoilĂ ! we had ignition. I'm a happy lady; $150 saved.

But the best, wonderful, very difficult thing he's accomplished this week was seven straight hours of arduous work wall papering the big bedroom off of the bathroom. I had prepped the room and the walls as best I could but I really was afraid to tackle the wall paper. Puppy's Pop led the way and I followed as best I could. It came out so well. The room looks great. We're not going to hang anything on those walls for a long time. I think my next job will be to tackle the ceiling in the small bedroom and all of the wood trim. Ma Tante Rose and Ma Tante Blanche put up some very good, tough wall paper years ago so I'll just have to scrub it down. I thought about the living room ceiling but it'll have to wait. It's too big for me right now. Although my help meet doesn't agree with me I'm quite sure I shall buy a medium height, light weight stepladder with a folding shelf. At this very moment he's taping all of the storm windows to stop all of the air that leaks in and around. That was a huge help last year for conserving  black gold! Hate to think what oil will cost this winter. They are going to be filling us up soon, I imagine. We started out this Election Day at 16 degrees. That's pretty damned cold for this early in November.

Quote:  None but cowards lie.   __Murphy

No comments: