Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pleasant days . . .

Normand Chartier - watercolor
Cousin Susan and I went to a small art gallery in Willimantic to see "Narratives and Tales" by Normand Chartier. His watercolors are heartwarming. Even though his Maine watercolors were featured I found that the best were his paintings of northeastern Connecticut, Brooklyn, in particular. One of the paintings was of my friend Angie's old home up on the hill: took my breath away. He called it "End of an era." How sad but true. He makes our old maple trees look as glorious as my live oaks. Couldn't afford a painting but did come home and order three books which he has illustrated. They are children's books. I bought them for the illustrations: homey, warm and comforting.

Kiddo set up the train last night and he really had it blasting around the track. Tomorrow my kid brother will come and get the piano so we'll be able to bring down the really good twin bed to set up a better sleeping arrangement for Kiddo. Visited my younger sister this week. We had a good pepper and egg grinder before heading off for desert at the Harvest in Simsbury. Also had a chance to catch up with Oneco friends. Life is just calmly flowing along in spite of the politicians, media and idiocracy.

Quote:  The object of art is to crystallize emotion into thought, and then fix it in form.   ___Delsarte

No comments: