Thursday, September 19, 2013

Getting closer . . .

Over 100 gourds this year!
When I got home from visiting younger sister in East Granby yesterday Puppies and Dante's Pop had a proposition for me. After supper he would paint the living room ceiling, so I made supper a little early! He rollered the hell out of that ceiling and my, oh my, it looks very good. Of course being an old house it has imperfections but it is so nice and white and clean, clean, clean! Did I mention really white and clean? What a big job done. Today I used a 1-2-3 Bull's Eye Primer for some of the wall surfaces, especially where the old bookcase had been when we first came home to Moosup 45 years ago. There was some staining that had come through the old wall paper. Speaking of old wall paper, it was amazing to see how beautiful the old paper was behind the mirror! I would have used the same paper if I had been able to find it! Grampa didn't agree.  Perhaps we'll be able to finish the room Saturday as Kiddo will be here tomorrow. Quite sure we shall not put the mirror back up. I rather like the idea of plain, uncluttered walls.

Quote: The dangers of knowledge are not to be compared with the dangers of ignorance.  Man is more likely to miss his way in darkness than in twilight; in twilight than in full sun.  _____Whately

No comments: