Sunday, October 20, 2013

Learning . . .

Playing cards for a couple of days now and starting to get the hang of it. Hand and Foot is, at least to me, an odd game and somewhat difficult to get used to but with all the patience these Southerners can muster they are hanging in there with me. Today I played the best hands yet but still couldn't eek out a win. I may have to do some really exceptional celebrating if I ever manage to win one of these days. Daughter-in-law is ahead of me 5-1 in Cribbage too. It's a good thing I come down so I can practice being humble!

The men are off for the second day to the Flying Contest in Baton Rouge. After the card game I am in charge of a stew for seven for supper. The meat is cooking now so I'll have to be up and at it soon.  Had breakfast at Waffle House before going to LeBlanc's to pick up the fixings for supper. Beautiful people, beautiful day, beautiful weather.

No comments: